Treatment Guide...
   Cost Guide...
Dental Chair
Dental Equipment
Dental Equipment
NHS Treatment Cost
Dental charges depend on the treatment required to keep your mouth, teeth and gums healthy. You will only have to pay one charge for each complete course of treatment, even if you have to visit the dentist several times. If however you are referred to another dentist for a separate course of treatment, you can expect a second charge. Some minor treatments are free with the NHS.

   Band 1 Course of Treatment - £18.00
This band covers an examination, diagnosis (including X-Rays), a scale and polish if needed and application of fluoride varnish or fissure sealant. If you require urgent care, even should this treatment take multiple visits to the dentist to complete, you will only pay band 1 charge.

   Band 2 Course of Treatment - £49.00
This covers everything listed in band 1, plus any further treatment such as fillings, root canal work or extractions.

   Band 3 Course of Treatment - £214.00
This covers everything listed in both band 1 and band 2, plus crowns, dentures and bridges. Braces cost band 3 and up.

Further information on the main types of NHS treatment offered by Cliff Road Dental Practice can be seen here - NHS Treatment Types.
Getting Help with Dental Costs
You do not have to pay for NHS dental treatment if, when the treatment starts, you are:
  • aged under 18
  • aged under 19 and in full time education
  • pregnant or have given birth in the previous 12 months
  • staying in an NHS hospital and the treatment is carried out by the hospital
  • an NHS hospital dental service outpatient (excludes dentures or bridges)
You do not have to pay for NHS treatment if, during the course of the treatment, you or your partner receive:
  • income support
  • income related employment and support allowance
  • income based job seekers allowance
  • pension credit guarantee credit
  • universal credit
  • you are named on a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate
  • you are entitled to an NHS exemption certificate
  • you are named on a valid HC2 certificate
   NHS Low Income Scheme
If you are on a low income you may be eligible to receive financial help with NHS charges through the NHS Low Income Scheme. To apply for a HC2 certificate you will first need to apply for a HC1 form, which is available from job centre plus offices, NHS hospitals or from your doctor/ dentist. You can also get a HC1 form by calling 0845 610 1112.

You will qualify for full help HC2 certificate if your income is less than or equal to your requirements, or your income is greater than your requirements by no more than half the current English prescription charge.

You will qualify for a limited help HC3 certificate if your income is greater than your requirements by more than half the current English prescription charge. The HC3 certificate will show how much you have to pay towards your health costs.

Certificates are usually valid for periods of between six months and 5 years, depending on your circumstances. This period will be specified on successful application of the certificate. For more information, please see the following page - NHS HC2 and HC3 Certificates.

   Exemption for Pregnant Women
Pregnant women and those who have given birth within the last 12 months are entitled to free NHS dental treatment. This will only be provided on proof such as a maternity exemption certificate (MatEx), a maternity certificate (MATB1) or your baby's birth certificate. Please note that your MatEx only gives you exemption from NHS prescriptions.

   Claiming for Help with NHS Dental Charges
To claim for help with NHS dental treatment please tell your dental practice that you want NHS treatment when making an appointment. Then fill out the form you are given when you arrive. If you do not have to pay or only have to partially pay, please put a cross in the appropriate box.

If you have a valid HC2 certificate or tax exemption certificate, write in the certificate number.

If you have a valid HC3 certificate, write in the certificate number and the maximum your certificate says you can pay. Then you will pay either what appears on the certificate or the actual charge, depending on which is least.

You will always be asked to provide proof of your entitlement to help with dental costs. If you are not sure if you are entitled to help, then you must pay. You can always claim a refund at a later date, providing you keep all recipes.
Private Treatment Cost
Availability of private treatment along with a list of costs can be gained upon contact of the reception, on 01964 533293 or in person, during working hours. Visit the contact page for more details - Cliff Road Dental Practice Contact Information.

NHS Treatment
City Health Care Treatment
Private Treatment
Out of Hours Treatment
Emergency Treatment
Treatment Costs
Cliff Road Dental Practice
9 Cliff Road
HU18 1LL

Tel: 01964 533293
City Health Care Tel: 01964 535158